- One 3-day retreats at Wisdom House in Litchfield, CT (November 2022)
- 9 one-day Zoom gatherings (December, January, February, March, April, May, June,
- One 2-day zoom, Friday night and Saturday on graduation weekend (October 2023)
- Individual and group supervision experiences
- Teachings from staff and guest lecturers
- Course Outline will include crafting your definition of spiritual guidance, code of ethics, Jung and depth psychology and the art of spiritual guidance, grief and grieving, justice and joy, meaning and mindfulness, faith traditions and God images, reading sacred texts through a Jungian lens, practicing non-violent communication skills, knowing when to refer, dream work, individuation, identifying our own blind spots, use of the Enneagram.
- Tuition $2340, with a variety of payment options. (See Financial Agreement document.)
The goal of this program is to enhance the skills for each participant in the art of interfaith spiritual guidance through experience, personal reflection, study, and group and individual supervision. Its focus is to deepen and develop the skills and knowledge required to support and companion the spiritual development of another. Participants will work with two or three guidees of their choice and will have opportunities to present individual cases and receive feedback from trained spiritual guidance supervisors.
- Complete monthly reading assignments.
- Conduct monthly guidance sessions (10-12 over one year) together with session summary and reflection notes.
- Present spiritual guidance session summaries in group supervision.
- Participate in six individual supervision sessions with individual supervisor (supervisor list provided) to review sessions and receive personalized feedback and assessment.
- A written reflection on the program experience is due during the program’s ninth session with a presentation offered during the tenth session.
- Demonstrate an awareness of those aspects of depth psychology that impact and affect spiritual guidance relationships (i.e. shadow, transference, blind spots, deep listening).
- Demonstrate an awareness of and commitment to the SDI code of ethics.
- Craft a personal definition of spiritual guidance.
- Demonstrate an openness to and understanding of a variety of religious practices and traditions and the experience of growing from those religious roots and evolving God images.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal spiritual practices.